Phishing is the commonly used term that refers to multiple forms of social engineering. These attacks can take the form of phone calls, emails, social media chats and more, and can be executed against individuals or organizations. Several of the most notorious internet scams are forms of phishing.
The best ways to prevent successful phishing attempts apply not only to Beaxy, but to any number of other places where you may have sensitive or personal information stored:
- Do not open suspicious emails or links
- Do not connect to your account through free wifi
- Install trusted anti-virus and anti-malware software
- Keep your browser and OS up to date
- Enable 2FA
- Never use the same password twice
- Immediately report any suspicious contact
- Use a dedicated email for your Beaxy account
Unfortunately, Beaxy’s social media presence and community offer another point of contact through which malicious individuals can target our users. While we do our best to maintain the integrity of these channels and report any abuse or suspicious behavior, there are aspects of these third-party platforms that we can not control.
If you are ever contacted through Twitter, Telegram, Discord, Facebook, or any other platform by anyone claiming to be associated with Beaxy, there are a few important things to remember:
- We will never solicit any of your personal information
- You may always ask to re-establish contact in a more secure form such as a support request
- No representative of Beaxy will ever ask for money, crypto or otherwise
- Verify first – some attackers are more sophisticated or convincing than others